Slider by IWEBIX
Friday, April 11, 2014, Summer Hours: 5-8 pm
Here’s the map, ready to be printed out! It will also be published in the Sunday April 6 in the E-R and will also be in the Thursday April 10 edition.
Downtown is hot this month: Participants April 11 will include the Chico Art Center where you can enjoy a beautiful exhibit showing 4 artists in the new Discovery Series: Phil Dynan and Ana Nelson (painters), Jim Woronow (sculptor), and Marianne Werner (photographer). In addition to this, in Classroom 1, they are having their first ever PAINTabout where people can get a canvas and paint to their heart’s content! If it’s high school or junior high students doing the painting, they get to put their art in the upcoming “Creative Fusion” show. If not, then they can pay $5 and get to take their work home.
At the Turner Gallery on the Chico State Campus, there’s a spectacular exhibit commemorating the centennial of Janet Turner’s birth. It’s “Angles and Planes: Janet Turner and the Built Environment.” Down the way, there’s the Bidwell Presbyterian Church giving a docent-led tour of work by seldom-seen Japanese Christian folk-artist Sadao Watanabe (1913-1996). A book of his work can be found at Lyon Books, the next participant on the tour across the way on Main Street where James Kuiper’s drawings are displayed.
Add to that the welcoming atmosphere at the Second Street Studio (Sue Matheson, masterful printmaker, is being joined by Dolores Mitchell, well-loved painter of local scenes), and at Art Etc., on the next street over, there is a rich assortment of art by favorites Carol Preble-Miles, Lee Wright, and as always, Dave Simcox. If that’s not enough for you, who would miss the unique opportunity this month of seeing Mabrie Ormes’ terrific figure drawings?! Why is this a unique opportunity? Because this artist now lives in Ashland, Oregon, and we don’t get to see her work as often as we used to.
For a downloadable map you can print, please click here.
In my next post, I’ll be letting people know about the Americans for the Arts Survey that you will be asked to fill out at the ARTabout venues – more on that very soon, so keep tuned!
- April 3, 2014Downtown ARTabout(0) Comments
- March 9, 2014ARTabout TIME! This week - UPTOWN!(0) Comments
- January 1, 2014It's a New Year!(0) Comments
- November 29, 2013December 13, Friday, 5-8 p.m., SOPO ARTabout & Art at the Matador Prospectus(0) Comments
- October 16, 2013November 8, 2nd Friday Downtown ARTabout!(0) Comments
- October 7, 2013October 11, 5-8 pm - 2nd Friday ARTabout - Uptown(0) Comments
- September 23, 2013Media Partners and must-read/must-listen this week!(0) Comments
- March 13, 2013Artist Mixer @ Angelo's(0) Comments
- October 21, 2012Enlightened Patronage: The Collector(0) Comments
- May 15, 2012It's the day after the big Art Fiesta week-end!(0) Comments